About Branch Insurance Agency, Inc
The insurance office originally started on December of 1947 as the Melvin Blue Agency of Quincy, Michigan. The owners were Melvin and Donna Blue. In December of 1969, the Melvin Blue Agency was incorporated with Melvin and Donna Blue as co-owners. The name was changed to Branch Insurance Agency, Inc. in October of 1973, with Glen and Lois Desjardins as the major stockholders. In April of 1978, the Desjardins divided the company and shared ownership with Dennis Hoyes and Suzy Chess. In March of 1980, Harold Massey purchased 50% of the stock and shared ownership with Suzy Chess. In December of 1984, Suzy Chess sold her share of the stock to Harold Massey, making him 100% owner of the stock. Harold Massey along with his wife, Diana, maintained ownership of the company for many years. In December of 1994, their son, James Barnes, joined the firm and in the Spring of 2007, another son, Chad Massey joined the company. Since 2008, Harold and Diana have been slowly transitioning the ownership to their two sons. Diana officially retired on December 31, 2015. Harold still works part-time with the company and continues to mentor his sons. Jim and Chad strive to carry on the hard work that their parents have put forth and hope to continue the growth of the agency for many years to come. All of the employees of Branch Insurance Agency, Inc. work hard for their clients and try to stay connected in the community.